TWO RESORTS … SO MANY ST. PETERSBURG RECREATION ACTIVITIES
It’s not uncommon for guests at TradeWinds Island Resorts to use up their vacation time long before they run out of things to do at this family-favorite Florida destination, where the St. Pete Beach activities are endless. Sand or surf, full throttle or all idle, TradeWinds offers up a good dose of recreation like tennis, golf, fishing, diving and more. Here, some of the best Florida family vacations happen. Guests can splash the day away in the Gulf of Mexico’s warm waters, or opt for something more adventurous, like learning to surf, plunging down a three-story water slide, or playing at the Gulf’s only offshore water park. So pack your things. We’ll pack your stay!
At TradeWinds Resorts, you can do everything … or do nothing at all. With each resort having its own unique vibe, you’ll find that letting go may take on a different meaning 200 flip flop steps away.
With two resorts on one of America’s top beaches, plus seven pools and a list of beyond-the-beach activities, fun comes in heavy doses at TradeWinds. Here’s a look at the highlights:
TradeWinds Island Resorts features 14 distinct dining options. Here is a look at our Top 3 picks from TradeWinds Island Grand and RumFish Beach Resort.
Both St. Pete Beach hotels offer an array of rooms and suites. Choose a room with a Gulf View, check into one of our pet-friendly accommodations or feel at home in our multi-room suites.
- A lively island experience:
- With 25 resort acres, an island vibe and endless beach activities, Island Grand leans toward lively fun with a touch of sand-in-your-toes relaxation. It’s the resort experience that happens to be at the beach.
- An inspired aquatic experience:
- Offering 6 resort acres, a laidback feel and ocean-inspired experiences, RumFish Beach Resort slants toward chill with most thrills found on or under water. It’s the beach experience that happens to be at the resort.
- High Tide Slide:
- Zip down a three-story, 200-foot-long inflatable slide located on the beach
- Pool Activities and Relaxation:
- Enjoy poolside invasions with the kids, or relax by the adults-only pool
- Explore the winding waterway that is home to our resident swans, Japanese Koi, turtles and herons and egrets.
- Tank experiences:
- “Swim with the Fishes” in our Tanked aquarium or visit the Touch Tank
- Poolside Cabanas:
- Take lounging to the next level when you rent your own private VIP Cabanas
- Fire pits:
- Roast marshmallows, a teen-favorite activity, at The SandBox Beach Lounge
- Palm Court Italian Grill:
- Dine at the top-rated St. Pete Beach restaurant on TripAdvisor
- Bermudas offers a variety of breakfast plates and regional specialties for your morning.
- Flying Bridge
- Visit an authentic Florida cracker cottage docked over Island Grand’s waterway
- RumFish Grill
- Experience Florida’s finest seafood, plus a 33,500-square-foot aquarium
- The SandBox Beach Lounge:
- Eat at a toes-in-the-sand bar with light cuisine, plus s’mores!
- GulfSide Grill:
- Enjoy beach breakfasts, poolside eats and sunset dinners at this grill
- Island-inspired newly renovated accommodations:
- All renovated rooms and suites at TradeWinds Island Grand now feature a fresh new look and upscale Florida coastal vibe comprised of relaxing earth tones and complimented by crisp white linens and pops of lime green, turquoise and blue.
- Recently refreshed, art-inspired accommodations:
- Dive in to the splashy new Florida coastal vibe featured in our renovated guest rooms and enjoy expansive views from the newly added balconies in our Gulf Front Suites. Crisp white linens, with pops of lime green, turquoise and bright blues complete the package.
- Large-scale meetings and weddings:
- With 25 resort acres and spacious group venues, TradeWinds Island Grand is the perfect place to host large meetings and grand weddings.
- RumFish Grill intimate occasions:
- While most of our group activities are steered toward TradeWinds Island Grand, RumFish Grill provides venue space for small group events