"Swim with the Fishes"
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to “Swim with the Fishes.” Swim with over 30 species of fish in a 33,500-gallon fish tank located in the all-new RumFish Grill. Experience what it’s like to swim with a nurse shark, grouper, green moray eel, tarpon, snook and many other Florida indigenous species!
• Program is open to guests and non-guests, ages 8 and up.
• Includes a behind-the-scenes tour of aquarium operations.
• Children 8 to 12 years old must have parent or guardian participating in the program.
• Space is limited; a maximum of 4 swimmers at a time in the tank.
• No previous training certification required.
$25 plus tax per participant
Call 727.329.1433 or dial extension 3531. Reservations can also be made at the BlueGreen desk in RumFish Grill.
• Programs are held Tuesday - Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
• Report to the RumFish Grill by the time stated above.
• Participants will be divided into 4 groups and given 10 minutes to swim. Guests must allow for 1.5 hour total time as group times are randomly selected.
WHAT TO BRING
• Appropriate bathing suit - bring swim shorts/trunks to cover bikini bottoms
• Underwater/waterproof camera (wrist strap needed)
• Sense of adventure
WHAT NOT TO BRING
• No jewelry of any kind is permitted in the tanks.
• Your own equipment (due to contamination and animal safety).
• No food or drink in exhibit area.
• No excessive body lotions or oils.
• Consumption of alcohol prior to program is not permitted.
All participants must stay on the surface of the water at all times. Life vests are required and prevent participants from descending below the surface. This program is operated with the highest standard of recreational diving activities. Our open-water lifeguards are on hand and are trained in CPR, first aid and emergency oxygen administration. For your safety, swimmers are not permitted to touch or feed the animals. We do require that all participants be comfortable in the water and should have some experience using a snorkel.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
• Space is limited and subject to availability.
• Guy Harvey Outpost reserves the right to cancel immersion experiences at any time in the best interest of the health and safety of our animals and exhibit.
• Participants need to report to RumFish Grill 30 minutes prior to the immersion start time or the reservation is forfeited.
• Program requires advance payment and is non-refundable for no-shows.
• Participants can cancel or alter reservations without penalty at least 24 hours prior to start time.