201 Things to Do
201 Fun Things to do in St. Pete
Florida vacation ideas during your TradeWinds Resorts getaway
There is simply no place on the beach that offers as much fun for couples, families or friends. You name how you want to “Just Let Go!” and we’ve got it! We’ve upped the fun factor and added 100 MORE Florida vacation ideas to our list of fun-in-the-sun activities for a total of 201 things to do in St. Pete Beach. Aren’t you ready for a beach vacation where you use up your vacation time before you run out of things to do?
1. Take the plunge. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and plummet down the three-story tall, 200-foot-long High Tide Water Slide located right on TradeWinds Island Resorts beach. Unlimited rides are included in every stay.
2. Lounge in a giant SandBox. Unwind in our new beach lounge, The SandBox, located at Guy Harvey Outpost. Enjoy your own piece of paradise with VIP Cabanas, signature drinks, dining options and unforgettable sunsets around the fire pit.
3. Fly high on JetLev. Take your beach vacation to new heights at TradeWinds and experience JetLev. You can literally fly over the Gulf and soar up to 30 feet in the air.
4. Swim with the Fishes. Dive into something totally unique at our destination restaurant, RumFish Grill. Sign up for a behind-the-scenes tour and snorkel in the 33,500-gallon fish tank built by our friends from Animal Planet’s hit show Tanked. Click here for more info.
5. Take the Bar Crawl Challenge. Pick up your TradeWinds Passport, get it stamped at each of resort bar and then redeem it for a T-shirt proclaiming yourself a survivor of the TradeWinds Bar Crawl!
6. Jump and climb on an inflatable water park. The 15,750-square-foot Floating Water Park, our aqua playground, is located in the Gulf of Mexico just off the sandy shore at TradeWinds Island Grand.
7. Snack on S’mores. Meet at the Guy Harvey Outpost bonfire every night to roast marshmallows over the fire surrounded by Adirondack chairs. We’ll provide all the delicious ingredients to create the perfect s’more (or two!)
8. Explore the area. Just a half hour from Tampa attractions and only two hours to Orlando, it’s easy to take an adventurous day trip and still return to the relaxation of the beach. Resort Transportation, our onsite transportation service, can help you get there!
9. Plan a date night. Our KONK Club (Kids Only, No Kidding!) has drop-off camps at Island Grand, making it easy to get some time alone without the kiddos (ages 4-11). Call our Adventure Center to register 727.363.2294.
10. Wave to your friends at home. Make your friends jealous by waving to them from our Live Fun Cam. They’ll be green with envy while you’re getting tan.
11. Log on to CabanaMenu.com. You can work up an appetite while you’re spending a day at the beach, so let us deliver something delicious right to your cabana! All you have to do is place your order from your mobile device.
12. “Just Let Go!” with a beachfront massage. The ultimate in luxury and stress relief! Let yourself relax under the hands of our skilled massage therapist from Body Works Salon & Spa, as you listen to the waves and feel the warm gulf breeze.
13. Order room service for Fido. We have a special room service menu created specifically for those of the four-legged kind, including a drool worthy mutt-loaf. It’s the “4 PAW” treatment!
14. Watch ice hockey on the beach. Tampa Bay Lightning Watch Parties on the beach at Guy Harvey Outpost are the BEST way to enjoy hockey in paradise. Join the Tampa Bay Lightning street team, cheerleaders and mascot, Thunderbug, to cheer on the Bolts. Games and giveaways, plus food and drink specials, are all part of the fun. View the full list of upcoming Lightning Watch Parties.
15. Catch a fish and eat it, too! You spent all day reeling in the big one, and there’s nothing better than the taste of freshly caught fish. Let our chefs prepare your catch of the day and serve it to you, seasoned to perfection. Contact Bermudas Steak and Seafood Restaurant for more details.
16. Paddle through the meandering waterway. Hop aboard a paddleboat and explore the waterway that is home to our resident swans, Japanese Koi, turtles and a variety of herons and egrets. Fish feeding stations are located along the banks.
17. Plan a picnic. Stop by the Deli at Island Grand to gather your favorite snacks. Choose from a variety of grab-n-go salads and wraps, crackers and cheese, fresh fruit or let our staff create a made-to-order deli sandwich for you. Complete your meal with a soda, coffee, tea or even a bottle of wine before selecting your favorite spot around the property to dine alfresco.
18. Calm your mind with YogaFit. Focus your gaze on the gulf horizon during a yoga session on the beach. Your mind will enjoy the harmony while your body gets toned and fit. Check the schedule for an upcoming class.
19. Learn about Lionfish. Lionfish are an invasive species threatening the natural ecosystem of the Gulf of Mexico. Visit the predator tank in the bar area at RumFish Grill for an up-close look at these deadly beauties and learn how you can support the cause. Spoiler alert: Eating them is our favorite way!
20. Reserve a VIP Cabana. Enjoy the day in pure relaxation and reserve the best spot to call home base for the day at Guy Harvey Outpost. VIP Cabanas offer flat screen HDTVs, cushioned sofas, shaded comfort, personal servers and unforgettable views.
21. Dance in the sand. Grab a friend and dance like nobody’s watching to music provided by our talented live musicians at the SandBox Beach Lounge at Guy Harvey Outpost. There’s live music daily; check the schedule on our event calendar.
22. Sign up for exclusive deals. Get instant deals and notifications on fun things going on around the resort while you’re here. Text the word “4DEAL” to 56242 to opt-in today.
23. Sample a Rum Flight. Take a tour of four unique types of rum, each served in a small tasting glass at RumFish Grill. You’ll even get to sample our in-house distilled rum called the Vanilla RumFish, which is infused with pineapple and vanilla beans.
24. Sing karaoke. Whether you’re a skilled singer with a great set of pipes or a novice looking for a fun night out, Karaoke Mondays at RedBeard’s Sharktooth Tavern is the place to be.
25. Look for the green flash. While you’re watching the sunset, look for the green flash just as the sun dips below the water on the horizon. Some say the green flash is an urban legend, but albeit rare, it’s not a myth. So keep an eye out, and consider yourself lucky if you happen to spot it!
26. Order “Kevin's Secret Special Bloody Mary.” You can only find these at the Flying Bridge restaurant. If you’re a Bloody Mary connoisseur, you’ll love this special concoction created by bartender Kevin. Only our ‘regulars’ know about it, so you didn’t hear it from us!
27. Tweet about TradeWinds. In 140 characters or less, connect, share and engage with us on Twitter. Find us at @TWResorts and @RumFishGrill. Tell us how your visit is going, share your favorite photos or ask us a question.
28. Ride a shark. Channel your inner cowboy and ride “Bucky,” our mechanical shark. He’s located beachfront at Island Grand.
29. Visit RumFish Grill. Savor fresh seafood, explore the tanks, enjoy live entertainment and shop the 2,200-square-foot retail store at Guy Harvey’s one-of-a-kind destination restaurant.
30. Search for gold. Purchase a bag of gems, fossils or seashells, then sift and sort through the earthen mixture at the TW Treasure Mining Co. You’ll find your very own treasure to keep. Get started at the Adventure Center or Paddleboat Landing at Island Grand.
31. Jump for joy. We’ve combined the fun of a trampoline with the thrill of bungee jumping. Bungee Trampoline tokens may be purchased at the TradeWinds Adventure Center.
32. Stop by Li'l Guys. Participate in some fun marine-themed activities and crafts at the Li’l Guys Activity Hut located beachfront at Guy Harvey Outpost.
33. See what’s SUP. Try one of the most popular sports sweeping the beach. Stand Up Paddleboards (SUP) are not only fun but a great workout while connecting with nature. Visit the TradeWinds Adventure Center for rentals.
34. Book a Beach Birthday Bash. A truly unique way to celebrate your birthday! We provide the setting, food, drinks and fun. Call 727.363.2329 to make your reservation or visit the TradeWinds Adventure Center for details on package options.
35. Play mini-golf. Pick a putter and your favorite colored golf ball. Challenge yourself to a game of mini-golf, which is located in our Island Grand courtyard.
36. Say goodnight with Beaker. Create the memory of a lifetime by surprising your kids with a special bedtime tuck-in from our loveable mascot, Beaker. This squeezable pelican will visit your room on a Saturday evening to personally wish the kiddos sweet dreams.
37. Get wild on a WaveRunner. Cruise the coastline and fly across the waves for some fast-paced fun! Ask our staff at the TradeWinds Adventure Center about a rental.
38. Parasail over St Pete Beach. Sail through the sky, high above the Gulf, for a breathtaking view of St Pete Beach. It’s been voted the most “out there” attraction in our area.
39. Peruse the Guy Harvey Art Gallery. Read about the different types of Tampa Bay fish incorporated in the colorful artwork created by the talented Dr. Guy Harvey.
40. Rally around the net. Grab friends and family for a game of beach volleyball on our ScheldePro courts. Volleyballs are available at the Tradewinds Adventure Center.
41. Take some tips from a pro. Join Captain Tim at the shoreline at Guy Harvey Outpost for a little fishing and some insider advice on how and where to reel in the big ones.
42. Count the steps. Did you know that it’s only 200 flip flops between the Island Grand and the Guy Harvey Outpost properties? Put us to the test by counting how many steps it takes you to get from one to the other.
43. Toast the sunset. Sip on your favorite umbrella drink at Salty’s or the Sand Bar while watching the sun set over the Gulf.
44. Make your head spin. Strap yourself in and get ready to twist and turn upside down on our Gyrosphere ride. It’s not for the faint of heart!
45. Dance the night away. Join us at RedBeard’s Sharktooth Tavern nightly for the best local live entertainment on the beach in an intimate setting.
46. Fall asleep under the shade of a beach cabana. Our cushioned, hooded beach cabanas are the perfect spot on the beach for enjoying the Florida sun.
47. Find all the fun. Our TradeWinds Adventure Center team will keep you entertained with activities and crafts for all ages. You can create a seashell night light, make sea glass jewelry or play poolside bingo.
48. Discover a deserted island. Take a trip to Egmont Key where you can snorkel and explore sunken Spanish ruins and wildlife.
49. Watch the dolphins play. Watch for dolphins as you take a trip to Shell Island.
50. Catch a few winks. You’ll find plenty of relaxing, beachside hammocks overlooking the water here at TradeWinds Island Resorts.
51. Play fetch. Unleash your furry friend in our gated Pet Play Zone, complete with grassy area, fire hydrant, shaded tables, Adirondack chairs, doggie water fountain and a fun cartoon standee perfect for a souvenir photo.
52. Dine over a romantic dinner. Any night is a special occasion at Palm Court Italian Grill, voted the No. 1 restaurant on St. Pete Beach according to TripAdvisor. Enjoy the casual elegance of this intimate restaurant with savory dishes from creamy pastas to fresh seafood.
53. Beat your friends in a game of cornhole. Just another way to have some fun in the sun. If you haven’t tried your hand at this fun beach game yet, you’re missing out on a classic!
54. Tackle the Bimini Ring. It’s not as easy as it seems. Visit RedBeard’s Sharktooth Tavern or Salty’s Tiki Bar to see if you can master the infamous Bimini Ring game.
55. Feed the swans. Say hello and offer a little treat to our two resident swans, Sandy and Pearl. Swan food stations are found along the banks of the waterway.
56. Hug Beaker. Find our lovable mascot, Beaker, roaming the resort or on the beach enjoying the sunset.
57. Unwind in one of our seven pools. Seven pools equal seven ways to relax and have fun! Enjoy one of our family pools beachfront and by the KONK Club, or take a dip in one of our two adults-only pools.
58. Propose. A Gulf of Mexico sunset and our white sandy beach is the perfect backdrop for the perfect proposal. Our beach guys have even been known to lend a helping hand in proposal preparations!
59. Get married. From romantic beachfront ceremonies to “I dos” in our lush Garden Courtyard to receptions in our Island Ballroom, TradeWinds makes sure you have the perfect setting for your most memorable day.
60. Celebrate years of love. Whether you’re coming back to where it all started or visiting us for the first time, what better way to celebrate an anniversary than by cuddling in a hammock while watching the sunset?
61. Go fishing. See what’s biting off the shores of our beach (make sure you have a license!) or book an offshore fishing trip. Call the Guy Harvey Outfitter Shop at 727.329.1408 and let our staff help with your reservations.
62. Reunite with family. With spacious two-bedroom suites, luxurious penthouses and all the “fun in the sun” activities you could need in one place, TradeWinds Island Resorts is the perfect place to gather the clan for a much needed reunion.
63. Search for shells. Florida Fighting Conch, Periwinkle, Fan Scallop … these are just a few of the Gulf Coast shells you may find as you walk along our white sand beaches.
64. Challenge someone to a game of chess. Test your strength as well as your mind! Our life-size version of chess gives you a whole other perspective on this game.
65. Order room service. Go ahead … stay in bed. We’ll bring you breakfast, lunch or dinner for you to enjoy in your room as you look out onto our property or watch the waves roll in.
66. Soak in a Jacuzzi. Take a load off. Relax in one of our three bubbling Jacuzzis after a long day of fun!
67. Become a Paradise Rewards member. Special rates, exclusive offers, extraordinary discounts, paradise points … do you really need another reason to join?
68. Plan a meeting. Think of it as another excuse to go on “vacation.” Hosting more than 700 meetings a year, accommodating groups of up to 1,000, TradeWinds Island Reosrts excels in meeting services. Make sure to fit in a theme party or unique team building experience.
69. Salute the summer season. TradeWinds is all about celebrating sunshine! So when summer comes around, we don’t hold back. We celebrate Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day with annual cookout buffets that include music, family-fun activities and boomtastic fireworks.
70. Be a “star.” Be a part of our mosaic flag on the Fourth of July by being one of the original 13 stars. Don a special star hat as friends and family (and possibly local media!) flash some photos.
71. Watch the game. Don’t worry about missing any of your favorite teams play. We have a spot saved for you at Beef ‘O’ Brady’s grill and sports bar, where the game’s always on.
72. Catch some “Rays.” Fan or foe, you’re welcome to enjoy our seasonal Rays Watch Parties out on the beach. A big-screen TV truck airs away games as you listen to Rays Radio broadcast live, collect great giveaways and enjoy a cookout with drink specials.
73. Discover a new wine. Let your courteous server at Palm Court Italian Grill recommend one of our 16 fine wines by the glass that will pair perfectly with your meal.
74. Go for a jog. Hey, some people DO exercise while on vacation. With 3 miles of packed sand and a view that can’t be beat, you’ll have no problem fitting in your workout.
75. Reconnect with friends. Relaxing spa services, sand-in-your-toes beach bars, bustling downtown St. Petersburg, fun day excursions … there are plenty of great ways for you and your friends to catch up.
76. Hit the courts. Practice your swing or take up a game with friends and family on our Har-Tru tennis courts. Lessons are available; just contact the Concierge to schedule.
77. Celebrate a special holiday. From Valentine’s Day to Christmas, we always have something special planned for the holidays, such as a gourmet brunch buffet or an exciting week of holiday-themed activities.
78. Ring in the New Year. There’s no better way to celebrate the end of another year than at TradeWinds Island Resorts! With a live band, delectable buffet, dance contest, champagne toast and more, our New Year’s party is the place to be!
79. Sail into the sunset. Whether you want some alone time with your sweetie or a memorable experience with friends, the best place to see our dazzling sunsets are on the glistening waters of the Gulf. Sunset sails depart from nearby Dolphin Landings.
80. Hop aboard the trolley. Want to explore more of the Gulf Coast? The Beach Trolley has a stop right in front of the Island Grand, so you can easily hop on and hop off, whether you want to check out John’s Pass or go all the way up to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
81. Watch a movie … poolside. We show family-friendly favorites on a blow-up screen by the pool for our Dive-In Movies. Float in the pool or relax in one of our lounge chairs.
82. Indulge in Sunday Brunch. Breakfast and lunch favorites from carved prime rib, chilled seafood, salads, French toast, an omelet station, an array of cakes and pies, and more … it’s all at Palm Court Italian Grill's Sunday Brunch Buffet.
83. Dress for the beach. Whether you need a new pair of shades, a beach hat or an outfit for dinner, Beaker’s Tropical Outfitters is your one-stop shop for resort wear, including the latest Tommy Bahama fashions.
84. Catch up on your beach reads. Our sandy nook at Guy Harvey Outpost, dotted with shaded hammocks, is the perfect place to kick back with all those books you need to catch up on.
85. Be green! Both Island Grand and Guy Harvey Outpost have a Green Lodging Certification from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Help us stay green by using our recycling bins throughout the property and participating in our linen and towel reuse program during your stay.
86. Getaway at two adults-only pools. Need your own time out? Complete with a pool and a Jacuzzi, TradeWinds Island Resorts features two adults-only retreats, one on each property.
87. Shop on Corey Avenue. Just a short drive or walk from TradeWinds Island Resorts, Corey Avenue is lined with fun and chic clothes stores, art galleries and even a pet boutique.
88. Make new friends. Whether it’s at the bar or while lounging on the beach, you never know who you’ll meet! Our guests range from all over the U.S. and even “across the pond.”
89. Get a tattoo … sort of. Our fun air brush tattoos are a great way for your kids to look like their favorite movie star or sports player, without any of the permanency. Visit our Kids Calendar for details on days and times.
90. Make your belly red. Think you can make the biggest splash? Our belly flop contest gives you the chance to show off your skills. See our Kids Calendar for days and times.
91. Master the hula hoop. Great fun for kids and the young at heart! See how long you can keep your hoop up. See our Kids Calendar for days and times.
92. Guy Harvey Outfitter Shop. Visit the Guy Harvey Outfitter Shop for all your Guy Harvey gear and tour information for fishing, diving and watersports.
93. Save on your vacation. From a romantic getaway to a vacation with Fido, TradeWinds offers fun packages to enhance your stay with the best value.
94. Fly a kite. Our beach is the perfect place for your kite to catch some wind.
95. Practice your ping pong skills. Practice your techniques at our ping pong table right outside of the KONK Club.
96. Learn about sea turtle nesting. From May to October, you may see sea turtle nests around our beach. TradeWinds Island Resorts is known for their turtle-friendly amber lighting, which deters confused baby turtles from coming up to buildings. Instead, they go out into the Gulf. TradeWinds was also the first property to plant sea oats, which are an effective sand binding grass that helps aid in the formation and stabilization of dunes, therefore providing a natural habitat for sea turtle nests.
97. Satisfy your hunger at Flying Bridge. Turkey burger, crab cake sandwich or fresh grouper sandwich … everyone has a favorite at this beachside lunch spot.
98. Have a leisurely meal at Guy’s Gulfside Grill. All you have to do is just step out of the pool to enjoy a relaxing lunch or dinner at Guy’s Gulfside Grill.
99. Ease into your morning. Don’t worry … we know how important that cup of morning Joe is. Just pay a visit to Awakenings at Island Grand or Perks!å Up at Guy Harvey Outpost and we’ll make sure you start your day off right!
100. Stock up. All of our guest rooms come equipped with a fridge, so feel free to stop by The Deli and stock up on essentials such as snacks for the beach or wine for a night in.
101. Notice “what’s in a name.” Take a look at some of TradeWinds’ buildings and meetings rooms and you’ll notice that they are all named after tropical flowers and birds.
102. Become a photographer. From glowing sunsets to graceful swans to gorgeous flowers and greenery, you’ll have no problem finding a photo opportunity here.
103. Glow in the dark fun. The sun is gone but the fun is still on when we play nightspiker volleyball and glow golf under the stars lighted by groovy black lights. Check out our Activities Calendar for details.
104. Take a romantic getaway. Our specialty romance rooms (complete with an in-room Jacuzzi) serve as the perfect backdrop to a romantic night away from home.
105. Perfect your swing. We’re not far from some of the area’s best golf courses. A visit to our Concierge, located in the lobby, will have you booking a tee time in no time.
106. Observe nature. When walking around property, you may notice nesting Green Herons along the Island Grand’s waterway. Each year, a new generation returns to raise its young.
107. Cheer on the Rays. Just 15 minutes away from Tropicana Field, it’s easy to catch a Ray’s game while you’re visiting the beach.
108. Discover downtown St. Pete. From museums to restaurants to shops, there is no shortage of things to see and do in downtown St. Petersburg.
109. Get a new pet. Our Hermie Races allow kids to pick their favorite hermit crab and cheer them on as they race to the finish. After the races, kids can take their new buddy home with all the supplies they’ll need to take care of them. Check our Activities Calendar for details.
110. Break a sweat. Our fitness center features state-of-the-art equipment including treadmills with personal TVs, Smith machines, free weights, elliptical cross trainers and more. Open daily for no extra charge.
111. Build-A-Buddy. One of our most popular activities, kids light up at the chance to stuff and fluff their new friend. Check our Activities Calendar for details.
112. Sway to live entertainment at Salty’s Tiki Bar. The tunes of the best musicians on the beach will have your feet tapping as you watch the sunset and enjoy a frosty drink.
113. Build a sandcastle. Our friendly beach attendants have an abundance of pails and sand molds … perfect for building a sandcastle masterpiece!
114. Explore the tanks. Explore the five saltwater tanks, including the 33,500-gallon aquarium, built by Wayde King and Brett Raymer of Animal Planet’s hit-series Tanked. Tanks are located at RumFish Grill and at Guy Harvey Outpost resort.
115. Feed your kids for free. Kids eat free at Bermudas Steak & Seafood Restaurant from 5-7 p.m. on Sunday-Thursday nights.
116. Flag down a cold one. Let one of our poolside servers bring you a refreshingly cold water, soda, beer or tropical cocktail right to your lounge chair. Pay with cash or charge it to your room.
117. Never see the bottom. If you love mimosas, you’ll love the fact that bottomless mimosas and an ever-flowing chocolate fountain are included in the price of our Sunday Brunch buffet at Palm Court Italian Grill.
118. Satisfy your seafood cravings. Seasonally, we prepare a delicious seafood spread every Saturday night from 5-10 p.m. at Bermudas Steak and Seafood Restaurant.
119. Set your watch for Happy Hour. Head to Beef ‘O’ Brady’s from 4-7 p.m. each day to imbibe in $2 cocktails, beer and house wine. Or grab a bucket of beers (4 domestic beers for $12).
120. Introduce your kids to Mr. Chippy. Your kids will flip for this special chocolate pancake shaped like everyone’s favorite cartoon character. Mr. Chippy is only available during breakfast at Bermudas Steak and Seafood Restaurant.
121. Sneak a treat from the mini bar. Sometimes you just don’t want to leave your room when you get a hankering for a snack or a thirst for something yummy. We’ve stocked each room’s mini bar with mini delights to satisfy your cravings. Snack now. Pay later.
122. Surprise someone with an in-room amenity. Everyone loves surprises! Let us help you pick out the right way to say, “Thank you,” “I love you,” “Congratulations” or “Just because.”
123. Summer size your drink. Purchase our Summer Size souvenir cup from any of our restaurants. Use your cup to get $1.50 soda refills throughout the rest of your visit. Plus, you’ll have an awesome cup to take home with you.
124. Throw a cast net. Learn the proper technique and most effective way to throw a cast net with Captain Tim at Guy Harvey Outpost.
125. Get candy crazy. In addition to delicious frozen treats, our Ice Cream Shoppe is known for its giant lollipops, which are approximately 10 inches in diameter. See if you can count how many licks it takes to finish the whole thing.
126. Stage a shark attack. Search for the two great white sharks located near RedBeard’s Sharktooth Tavern. Take a photo with each one and make up a story on how you wrangled this fearless pair.
127. Shark tooth digging. On Pirate Island, you’ll find a sand pit peppered with buried shark’s teeth. It’s a game of finders keepers, so try your luck to see if you can find one or two to take home with you.
128. Build a tower of ice cream. Head over to our Ice Cream Shoppe in the Breckenridge building to cool down with something sugary and sweet. Go big with three different scoops of ice cream (popular flavors include Superman, Cotton Candy and Cookie Dough) in a special sprinkle waffle cone.
129. Take up astronomy. Reflect on your time away from the hustle and bustle by swaying in a beachside hammock and viewing the starry night sky.
130. Forget the sheep, count the fish! See if you can count how many fish we have in our 33,500-gallon tank at RumFish Grill. All fish featured in our tank are indigenous to the Gulf of Mexico. Check out our fish gallery wall to learn more about each species.
131. Feed the fish in our Koi pond. Swimming underneath the beautiful lily pads and the sparkling fountain, our giant koi fish love a little snack. Fish food is available for a quarter next to the pond. Bonus: See if you can spot the giant green frogs that share a home with the fish, too. They’re experts at blending in.
132. See the beach from a bird’s eye view. Take a helicopter tour with Tampa Bay Aviation over the crystal clear waters of Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Call them directly to schedule your tour: 727-461-5229.
133. Eat pizza on the beach. Order your favorite pie, a large one to share or a personal pan pizza for each person at our on-site Pizza Hut Express, located in the Breckenridge building. Take your pizza and a drink to a table on our patio or enjoy it under the shade of a beach cabana overlooking the Gulf.
134. Discover local art. Peruse the art gallery walls at RumFish Grill and Guy Harvey Outpost showcasing local marine-inspired artists. Pick your favorite piece to take home with you. Original art makes a wonderful souvenir.
135. Explore outer space or go on a safari. Our themed kids’ camps at the KONK Club are a blast. We’ve selected the most popular themes for each one to make their imaginations go wild. Drop-off camps are available throughout the week from 6-11 p.m., so grownups can have a little “us” time, too. Reserve your child’s spot ahead of time. View Kids Calendar for dates and times.
136. Listen to live music at RumFish Grill. It’s the best place to party every night on St Pete Beach with live music ranging from sway-worthy acoustic to jammin’ rock ’n roll. View RumFish Grill’s entertainment calendar.
137. Discover the local craft beer scene. St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay area are at the forefront of the craft beer boom. With over 14 independently owned breweries and brew pubs thriving here, you won’t want to miss the opportunity to taste some of the local flavor. Use the Craft Beer Trail map as your guide.
138. Get cultured. Explore the local art museums, galleries and live performance venues (MFA, Dali, Morean Arts Center, Chihuly, Warehouse Arts District, Mahaffey Theater, American Stage, Jannus Live).
139. Stay connected. Sometimes you just have to take care of business, even when you’re away. Access our resort-included WiFi from anywhere on property or use the business center (one at each property) to check in for your flight, print a boarding pass or fax a document.
140. Schedule a photo shoot. There’s no better backdrop for a photograph than the beach voted one of the Top Beaches in America by TripAdvisor. Whether you’re looking for an updated family photo for your holiday cards, engagement photos or just because, we have a list of professional and talented photographers to choose from.
141. Kick it at a Rowdies game. The Rowdies are the number one soccer team in the area and going to a live game at Al Lang Stadium in downtown St Pete is an experience unlike anything else.
142. Sip and indulge. Schedule a Deluxe Pedicure at Body Works Salon & Spa and enjoy complimentary mimosas while your tootsies are treated to a luxurious soak, buff, massage and polish.
143. Play more and save more. Select one of our Activity Value Packages because the more you do, the more you $AVE! Package choices include Crafts & KONK Camps, All Day Extreme Package or More Anything, More Everything!
144. Enjoy a night without the boys. Thursday night is Ladies Night at RumFish Grill. Gather your favorite gals and head over to the bar or patio area at RumFish Grill to grab a bite, sip on a cocktail and dance to live music. Catch up over $4.50 classic Mai Tais or tropical Mojitos – for ladies only, of course.
145. Dive deep. Whether you like wreck diving or exploring Florida's Gulf Coast reef, there are some outstanding dive sites waiting for you. Call the Guy Harvey Outfitter Shop at 855.GH.OUTFITTER or 727.329.1408 to arrange your training or book one of our many dive adventures.
146. Get wild. Get up close to exotic animals and take on all the thrills you can handle at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Our Concierge has discounted park tickets available for purchase.
147. Schedule a couple’s massage. Reconnect with someone special while you enjoy the relaxation of a classic massage in the same room. “Just Let Go!” of all the tension and your everyday stresses. Call Body Works Salon & Spa to make time for yourself and each other: 727.363.2348.
148. Visit the Gulf Beaches Historical Museum. Nestled at the end of the quaint St Pete Beach enclave of Pass-A-Grille, you’ll discover how our sandy paradise has changed through time. Peruse the historical almanacs and old photographs, including images of old Hollywood celebrities like Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe vacationing on St. Pete Beach.
149. Stroll along the “Smallest Main Street in America.” Shopping, dining and art can be found on Pass-a-Grille’s quaint and historic Eighth Avenue. It’s a quick drive or ride on the Beach Trolley from TradeWinds Island Resorts.
150. Get your game on. You used to spend hours at the arcade trying to beat the highest score. … Relive the nostalgia and enjoy the fun with a younger generation by visiting our arcade game room at the KONK Club featuring old-school video games and pinball machines.
151. Learn about the TradeWinds history. Ask our Concierge for a pamphlet that outlines how TradeWinds came to be the resort you know and love today.
152. Show some Insta-love. Share your photos from your visit on Instagram and tag us @TWResorts or @RumFishGrill. We love to see what you’re doing while you’re here and enjoy sharing our favorite photos with followers across the globe.
153. Buy a bubbly Pilsner cup. Our brightly colored 21-ounce Bubbly Pilsner cups don’t just look cool, they’ll get you an extra five ounces of ice cold beer for free each time you come back for a refill. Pick your favorite color from Salty’s Tiki Bar and take the fun home with you.
154. Put your trivia to the test. Bring your knowledge of randomly wild and wacky facts to the beachfront pool during our Poolside Invasion. We’ll put your minds to the test with a fun group-style trivia contest by the pool with great prizes for the brainiest of the bunch.
155. Shop at the largest Guy Harvey store on the west coast of Florida. If you’re a Guy Harvey fanatic, you’ll go wild at our 2,200-square-foot Guy Harvey shop located at RumFish Grill. More than just his infamous t-shirts, you’ll find apparel of all kinds, pet gear, artwork, home goods and more.
156. Hang ten. Test your balancing skills on the new “Triple WipeOut” surfing simulator experience on the beachfront at Guy Harvey Outpost.
157. Arrange a private dinner for two. Contact our restaurant manager to organize a private dinner for two in our gazebo overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Watch the sunset from a secluded location as you dine with your special someone. Call 727.363.2258.
158. Soak in a private whirlpool bath. You’re ready for a relaxing getaway, so upgrade to the Whirlpool Suite, where a whirlpool bath is located in the bedroom next to a pillow-top, king-size bed. Enjoy views from your balcony overlooking the lush tropical landscape and romantic waterway.
159. Dig with a dolphin and create a masterpiece. The SandPile, located in the SandBox at Guy Harvey Outpost, is a fun spot to let your imagination run wild and play. Three life-sized dolphin statues surround a large pile of sand, perfect for sandcastle building.
160. Watch the sunrise. We’re known for our sunsets, but some of the most beautifully colorful skies can also be seen as the sun rises in the morning.
161. Play a board game. We have a large variety of board games available to check out from the KONK Club. A little friendly competition never hurt anyone …
162. Make your tongue blue … or red, orange, purple or green by going to the Adventure Center at Island Grand to order a sno-cone. Mix and match your favorite flavors to create a new wacky combination.
163. Cook a meal. Our guest rooms are all equipped with kitchenettes or full kitchens that are stocked with dishes and cookware, allowing you to prepare a meal with the family whenever you want.
164. Hop the beach bars. St. Pete Beach is a fantastic place to frolic along the sand and listen to live music from a variety of fun beach bars located just steps away from each other.
165. Cool off with a sweet treat. Perks! Up at Guy Harvey Outpost is a popular spot to order a delicious milkshake or smoothie. It’s the perfect treat on a hot afternoon.
166. Take a moonlit stroll. Steal your sweetheart away for a barefoot walk along the sand. Count the stars and gaze out over the gulf under the light of the moon.
167. Make a sand angel. Snow angels are out and sand angels are in because the only white stuff we have here is sugary white sand! No snowsuits are required.
168. Search for St. Pete Beach currency. Sand dollars are a special find here. You’ll often find them along the shoreline early in the morning. Be sure you only take the white ones, because if they’re still green, that means they’re still alive!
169. Take more vacations! Schedule a meeting with a Bluegreen Vacation Club representative located in the lobby at either property to learn about how you can make the most of your stay.
170. Meet in paradise. Join the trend by taking a multi-family destination vacation. TradeWinds Island Resorts is a fantastic meeting place for family members that live hundreds or thousands of miles apart. Our two-bedroom suites are perfect for multi-family getaways with large common areas, perfect for downtime bonding.
171. Take time to reflect. With over 25 acres of beachfront property available for our guests to roam, there’s enough breathing room to allow you to enjoy some alone time to collect your thoughts.
172. Meet Hope and Winter. The two stars of Dolphin Tale and Dolphin Tale 2 live at Clearwater Marine Aquarium, which is located only 30 minutes north of TradeWinds. Visit our Concierge for discounted tickets and to make transportation arrangements, if necessary.
173. Satisfy your need for speed. The Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, an IndyCar Series race, takes over the streets of downtown St Pete every March. Don’t miss this incredible weekend-long event full of high-speed thrills.
174. Create your own pirate jewels. Craft clay beads called Buccaneer Beads or fashion a keepsake necklace from a real shark’s tooth with Captain RedBeard.
175. Get groovy with tie dye. Fashion a far-out TradeWinds towel or t-shirt with your favorite colors. We’ll rinse and dry it so you can wear it home or enjoy it during your stay. Check the activities schedule for scheduled date/time at the KONK Club.
176. Listen to campfire ghost stories. Join us fireside on Pirate Island as we share some stomach-turning, heart-stopping ghost stories. This is a free family friendly event; even your teens will have fun!
177. Catch a wave. Our gulf waves are the perfect size for body surfing. If you didn’t bring your boogie board, you can purchase one from the TradeWinds Adventure Center.
178. Make it, shake it ice cream. Shake things up and create your ice cream sundae in a bag! Add all your favorite toppings from chocolate chips to gummy bears. It’s the ultimate brain freeze at the KONK Club.
179. Play family games and relays. A family that plays together, stays together. We’re serving up a little family-friendly competition with us on the beach. Our activities staff will organize and help you keep score on the beach at Island Grand.
180. Practice ‘yer pirate speak. Avast ye landlubbers – look in the crow’s nest atop the ship on Pirate’s Island for Captain Redbeard and his trusty first mate, Blaze. Give ‘yer best heave ho or you’ll soon be swimmin’ with the fishes. Yo ho ho!
181. Light up the night. Stop at the Adventure Center to purchase your own Firefly that shoots up to 40 feet in the air. Each one glows in a different fluorescent color, so pick your favorite. Wait until the sun goes down and head out to the beach to send them soaring.
182. Try a local craft beer. Support our local craft breweries and try something new. We proudly serve beers created right here in St Pete and throughout the Tampa Bay area, including 3 Daughters Brewing and Cigar City Brewing.
183. Do the stingray shuffle. During the months of April through October, Florida stingrays can often be found in the shallow waters along our beaches. It’s important to shuffle your feet as you wade into the water so you don’t accidentally step on one. Remember, they’re more scared of you than you are of them!
184. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a Florida classic. Key Lime Pie originally hails from Florida’s southernmost point, Key West, but Floridians all over the state have claimed this sweet and tart dessert as our own. A slice or two is an absolute must while you’re visiting The Sunshine State. We serve it in almost all of our resort’s restaurants.
185. Build a ‘sandman.’ We’ve got plenty of white powdery sand to help you make an amazingly adorable ‘sandman,’ instead of the icy cold snowmen they’re making up north. Get creative and use seashells for his eyes, seaweed for his hair and driftwood for his arms.
186. Check in online. Share photos from your vacation with friends and family on Facebook, but don’t forget to tag or check-in at TradeWinds Island Resorts, Guy Harvey Outpost or RumFish Grill when you post them. Your photo might just be selected to be showcased on the TradeWinds Facebook page.
187. Join the Local Catch program. If you live nearby, join our exclusive Local Catch program at RumFish Grill. As a member, you’ll get everyday discounts including a 15% discount on food and beverages served in the bar area and on all regular-priced shop merchandise. Keep an eye on your emails for additional discounts and specials. Join here.
188. Pose with a giraffe. While you’re meandering our grounds, keep an eye out for our bronze statue of Geoffrey the Giraffe. He’s been a TradeWinds resident for more than 30 years and while there’s varying stories on how he made this his home, he signifies our resort’s love of adventure and wildlife.
189. Go on a scavenger hunt. Pick up a photo scavenger hunt map from the KONK Club. Get your camera ready and snap away. It’s a great activity for the whole family.
190. Take a selfie on the slide. Everyone loves capturing the fun of going down our giant, three story High Tide Water Slide. Snap a pic or record a video of yourself zooming down the biggest and best thrill ride on St. Pete Beach.
191. Visit a fishing village. John’s Pass Village and Boardwalk is located in a quaint, scenic fishing village and offers unique shops right along the waterway. Click here for transportation options.
192. Send a postcard. Look for our special vintage-inspired postcard drink coasters at Salty’s Tiki Bar. Write a special message and address it to someone back home, then give it to your bartender to pop in the mail for you!
193. Travel by boat. Guests traveling by boat will receive complimentary overnight boat mooring at Loggerhead Marina during their stay at TradeWinds Island Resorts, along with one round-trip complimentary transfer. Read more about our service with Loggerhead Marina.
194. Be at one with nature at one of the nation’s best beaches. Fort DeSoto Park boasts one of America’s No. 1 beaches according to TripAdvisor, where you can ride, skate or jog on the 7-mile paved trail, canoe and kayak through lush mangroves, or fish from two free piers. Rover can roam at the Paw Playground and frolic in the surf at Dog Beach, while kids explore the canons and jail cells of the old fort. The nature lover will discover a host of other nature parks and birding trails throughout the area.
195. Connect with your team. Our Activities Department has a full list of fun team-building challenges to choose from. Whether you’re getting to know your co-workers a little better or creating some family bonding time, we can help! Call the Adventure Center at 727.363.2294 to customize a challenge for your group.
196. Reel in the fun at Merry Pier. Located in historic Pass-A-Grille, watch the locals reel in common catches such as flounder, snapper, snook, redfish and mackerel, or hop aboard the Miss Pass-A-Grille to catch your own.
197. Shop the St. Pete Saturday Morning Market. Located in downtown St Pete, it’s the largest one-day-a-week market in the southeast U.S. featuring a myriad of artisan gifts, fresh produce, food vendors, organic goods, live music and more. It’s family and pet friendly.
198. Eat the local flavor. Whether you like it grilled, blackened or fried, you can’t go wrong with a grouper sandwich from Flying Bridge. We purchase our grouper and other fresh fish from local fisherman to ensure the best taste possible.
199. Let your inhibitions RUN wild. Our beach bars are known for their tropical drinks, but one of the most popular cocktails has got to be our Rum Runner. This delicious elixir featuring light rum, dark rum, banana liqueur, blackberry brandy and a floater of Bacardi 151 can be ordered frozen or on the rocks. Order one the next time you’re at The SandBox Beach Lounge or Salty’s Tiki Bar. You’ll be feeling fine in no time!
200. Give the gift of paradise. You know how amazing it feels to be able to “Just Let Go!” so give that feeling to someone you love. We now have gift cards available in $25 increments that are valid toward room nights or accepted at any of our dining/entertainment outlets. Ask our Concierge for details or purchase them online.
201. Relax! Depart from your daily hustle and bustle and “Just Let Go!”
FAMILY FUN, ALL PART OF THE PACKAGE
Family fun, especially of the kid-friendly variety, comes standard at TradeWinds Resorts, and all thanks to our value-packed resort amenity fee. Where else do guests get unlimited rides on the High Tide Slide, the Triple WipeOut, the waterway paddleboats and more! Beach cabana? Check. Complimentary WiFi. Check. Family fun. Check. Learn about the resort amenity fee’s many inclusions!